RAW Secrets – Transition your Skin for Fall
There are so many things to love about fall – cozy sweaters, colorful leaves, crisp fresh air and that feeling of change that comes with every new season.
As we begin to transition from summer into the cooler season of fall, we find ourselves shifting gears and coming back into more structured routines.
For many of us this means getting ourselves and our families back into work, school and other various fall activities. Just as we recalibrate our daily schedule we also need to be mindful of what the colder months do to our skin and be sure to prepare.
Seasonal change can leave our skin feeling dull, dry and dehydrated – but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Here are five simple skincare tips from Eminence that will help give you that perfect glow all season long:
1. Don’t forget your SPF- Cooler temperatures and shorter daylight hours don’t mean you should skimp on the SPF. Sun damage can occur all year long, so make sure to add a layer of sun protection to your daily beauty routine. We recommend:
2. Exfoliate- Exfoliation is the key to glowing skin. As we age, our natural ability to regenerate new skin cells slows. This can cause surface build-up which can leave our skin looking congested, dry and dull. We recommend:
3. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize- Autumn brings on cool, windy weather which can cause your skin to become dry and dehydrated. The fall season is the perfect time to correct any sun damage caused by summer heat and sunshine. Make sure to pick a moisturizer or masque that works best for your skin type. If your skin is extra dry, don’t be afraid to use heavier, natural, oil-based products. We recommend:
4. Body care is a must- Skin care doesn’t stop at your neckline. It's important to pamper, moisturize and treat every beautiful inch of your skin. To help keep your skin healthy (after that summer tan) look for products that nourish and even out your skin tone. We recommend:
5. Protect that pucker- The cool fall weather can leave your lips feeling dry and cracked. Protect and moisturize your lips daily with a non-petroleum based lip balm to keep your pout kissable all year long. We recommend: